I solved the NO HMD DETECTED, Tracker Connected error you get with trying to do extended screen when using the headset for the Unity Editor.
Well I got it working, not necessarily solved.
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Intel Core i7 – 3667U CPU 2.0ghz
- 8gb ram
- Windows 8.1
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Oculus DK2
- SDK 5.0.1
To start I detached my oculus from the computer. Reattched the oculus, made sure it was working in the normal Direct HMD Access mode. It was.
1) Then I hit “Windows + P” and made sure my Projection setting was on extended.
2) Then I switched the mode to Extended in the Utility
3) Then on the desktop I right clicked and hit Screen Resolution.
4) I selected the second screen and hit “Detect”, a window came up with Another display not detected.
5) I made the Oculus screen primary and then switched back to the main computer being primary and it worked. The screen now appeared in the Oculus but the orientation was off. so I just adjusted it in the Screen resolution window.
Now the Oculus Configuration Utility looks like this, but it works.
In the Unity Editor I can move the game tab to the Headset Screen and maximize it, I can still see the awkward black rim around the screen but it’s better than nothing. Hopefully the Oculus team can fix this soon.
Hope this helps, Happy Coding!